Required: September 2020
Employer: Community Links Academy Trust – Education Links
Salary range: SP. 13 £ £18,332.46 (52 weeks) - SP. 21 (52 weeks) pro-rata 44 weeks per annum
(Depending on experience)
Closing date: 13th July 2020
Community Links Academy Trust is currently looking for 1 x Learning Support Assistant, who as a career professional, will be proud of the work undertaken within our specific SEN Learning Department and be part of making a significant change to our students’ wellbeing and educational needs.
As part of Community Links Academy Trust, you will be joining an inspirational and ambitious Trust, which strives for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for its pupils, our students range in ability and as a school we believe that all students should make measurable progress from their initial starting point.
Education Links holds safeguarding at the core of its responsibilities to both its students, parents and staff alike. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check and the school reserves its right to withdraw any application that does not meet the criteria due to schools safeguarding policy and procedures.
The overall purpose of the role
● To subscribe to the vision and objectives of Education Links in line with School policies and procedures
● To work under the guidance of the classroom teacher to promote the learning and personal development of the
student to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities
available to them.
● To support the classroom teacher with their responsibility for the development and progress of all students,
having particular focus on students with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC).
● To work with the teacher and other staff in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive
● To develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with students and young people and
those engaged with them.
● To promote the inclusion of all students ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare and wellbeing of students and young people within the school.
Role and accountabilities
These responsibilities are intended as a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder.
It is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to
carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.